Adam Tesan, CRO at Chargebee, joins the eCom Ops Podcast to discuss the potential and advantages of a subscription-based business model and how traditional businesses can step into subscriptions.
- Adam’s LinkedIn
- Chargebee LinkedIn
- Chargebee Website
- Adam attended The Manchester Metropolitan University
- Before joining Chargebee, Adam worked for companies like Empyr, Everyone Counts, ACTIVE Network, and BP
- Chargebee is a recurring billing and subscription management tool that helps SaaS and SaaS-like businesses streamline revenue operations
- [01:10-07:10] Chargebee helps subscription-based businesses stay agile and adapt their revenue operations workflows to scale faster
- When starting Chargebee, the company’s founders noticed the proliferation of SaaS and the new subscription revenue model. But there were not many tools equipped to handle that revenue model. So they decided to build Chargebee with a focus on B2B SaaS space
- Chargebee built a robust platform to manage scale and focuses on helping businesses manage various growth phases
- [07:10-11:35] Subscription businesses can provide consumers with all the value, convenience, and personalized offerings
- For the merchant, it provides stability, growth, and the possibility of using data to better serve the customers
- Regarding mistakes, some businesses don’t think about what follows the initial subscription. They also don’t invest in customer relationships enough. Lastly, they don’t experiment with the pricing
- [14:17-16:40] Subscription-based businesses need to automate their systems and processes as they scale
- When automating, make sure you have the flexibility to adapt to changes and leverage opportunities
Adam’s no.1 eCom operation’s hack
- The subscription-based business model has great benefits, and many traditional businesses continue adopting it.
- Try using it, adopt automation as you scale, but stay flexible.
Subscribe to eCom Podcast