Export orders from Amazon challenge? Did you stumble with exporting orders from Amazon to some other destination?
Or did your order export lack the buyer’s email, name, and address? Hmm…
Why would an order lack that info? Well, it is security measures by Amazon; they just don’t allow any app to get that data. The fact that the vetting process by Amazon takes more than a year and that only 5% of Amazon developers pass that test tells you just how important safety is.
We are proud to say that now, SyncSPider, is one of the few apps with access to PII data (person identifiable data). That means, with SyncSpider, you can export orders with all essential data for your own fulfillment, invoices, CRM, and many more.
Of course, we are not stopping on orders, adding products and other essential data soon.
Yes, that’s our big news! From now on, SyncSpider supports export orders from Amazon through SP-API!
You’ll be able to export orders from Amazon (any region and any country supported by Amazon) and send data to the chosen destination using the SyncSpider iPaas solution!
Just to remind you that regions and countries supported by Amazon are:
- North America (Canada, US, Mexico, and Brazil marketplaces)
- Europe (France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and the United Kingdom)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, India, Singapore, Australia)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt)
That’s right! No more issues with syncing your stocks, shipping, or mailing lists.
You can now export your order details with the client list from Amazon and join it to the list from other sales channels.
Or you can manage your stocks from your local database, and every time you sell something on Amazon, SyncSpider will automatically update your inventory!
Since Amazon advised all users to migrate to SP-API before 31st July 2022, we ensured that it was possible for all our users.
How to use it?
Okay, for those new to the SyncSpider community and not so familiar with our website, here’s how it goes.
We now have 2 Amazon modules in our APP:
- Amazon MWS EU (Supporting EU region only), and
- Amazon SP-API (Supporting ALL Amazon regions and countries).
Those SyncSpider users using Amazon MWS EU integration noticed that they could not export orders or order details from their Amazon shops.
- Export Products from Amazon
- Export Inventory from Amazon
- Import Products to Amazon
- Import Product update to Amazon
- Import Order update to Amazon
- Import Tracking to Amazon
Now, you can finally do that with the Amazon SP-API, which supports ALL Amazon regions and countries.
And if you check our Amazon SP-API page, you’ll see that it enables you to Export orders from Amazon.
And don’t worry, we’re working on other entities as well, and we’ll inform you the moment they become functional!
Our goal is to add entities we already have in the MWS module by EOY. That way, we will provide full support for all Amazon regions for all eCommerce use cases.
About Amazon SP-API
What is Amazon Selling Partner API (SP-API)? It is the next-generation suite of API-based automation functionality for Amazon’s Selling Partners. It allows Amazon selling partners programmatic access to their Amazon Seller Central data.
You might not know, but Amazon SP-API is the new preferred Amazon API. Thus, MWS will be depreciated on 12.12.2022.
Once MWS out of use, we’ll remove it from our site and platform and instead offer full support via SP-API.
What does this change mean for users?
Amazon’s MWS has been around for 20 years now (introduced in 2002). And as the integration solution, it helped many sellers grow their businesses, but since technology has changed a lot, it also needed to be changed.
MWS architecture relies on SOAP APIs. But depending on exchanging XML documents and flat-file downloads are not corresponding with standards expected in 2022. Patches and updates could no longer keep up with new technological demands.
Some of the main issues the users experienced with MWS were related to:
- Vendors Central Data – You could only use the user interface to get the reports for vendors who sell their inventory.
- Authentication – Unfortunately, the current model of generating MWS Developer token appears not scalable when a seller has hundreds of seller accounts across multiple marketplaces.
- Rate limiting – Though Rate limiting is helpful and on top of everything essential for safety, there were some issues the users of MWS experienced.
That’s why Amazon introduced the next-generation API functionality suite for sellers and their agents.
Advantages of the SP-API
And what are the main differences between MWS and SP-API?
Well, the first thing you will notice is that it represents global support. This means that all Amazon marketplaces (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Far East) all use the same SP-API.
- SP-API adopts JSON-based REST API design standards
- SP-API enables OAuth2.0 selling partner authorization using Login with Amazon
- SP-API has a test endpoint – which was one of the most requested features in MWS.
- SP_API supports Amazon Vendors
If you’re still not a SyncSpider user but looking for a way to migrate from MWS to SP-API, feel free to book a free session with our integration experts.